This course program specifies the outcomes required to access, interpret and apply relevant building codes and standards applicable to the construction processes of high, medium & low rise commercial and domestic building project.
The key objectives of CAS-BCM’s Building Construction Codes & Standards program is to help participants develop skills & competencies to enable the achievement and maintenance of acceptable standards of Structural Sufficiency, Safety, Health and Amenity for Building Construction Projects.
Program Code: BCC
Program Title: Building Construction Codes & Standards
Duration: 4 weeks
12 Sessions Approx.
On-Line eLearning included
3 months min. to 10 months max. approx. for those wishing to undertake training in a workplace
Mondays Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Option to Choose:
08:30am to 12:30pm
01:00pm to 05:00pm
05:30pm to 09:30pm
Level 1 Suite 9B
80 Keilor Road
Essendon North VIC 3041
Intakes are in
• Intakes for 2021 to be advised soon
Self-Study On-Line eLearning:
Open all year
Open all year
Note: Modes of Study are interchangeable e.g. Learners enrolled as Self-Study or Work-Based can change to Face-to-Face and vice versa if they choose to do so.
This program specifies the outcomes required to access, interpret and apply relevant building codes and standards applicable to the construction processes of
• large, high rise and complex buildings (open licensing classification with special reference to Type A buildings)
• medium rise commercial and wide span buildings (medium rise licensing classification with reference to Classes 1 and 10 construction, Classes 2 and 3 to a maximum of 3 storeys, and Classes 4 to 9 to a maximum of 3 storeys
• residential and low-rise commercial buildings (low rise' licensing classification with reference to Class 1 and 10 construction and Classes 2 to 9 with a gross floor area not exceeding 2000 square metres
This program supports the needs of Building Professionals, Registered Building Practitioners, Senior Managers within building and construction firms and other construction industry personnel responsible for ensuring compliance with building codes and standards in the residential and commercial construction industry.
The Building Construction Codes & Standards Program with CAS-BCM is well suited to those in the building construction industry and new to the industry who want to develop knowledge, skills and competencies to enable them to undertake job & project roles to access, interpret and apply relevant building codes and standards applicable to the construction processes of residential and commercial construction building projects.
This program combines best practice theory with practical workplace applications.
Participants will gain an understanding of the specialist skills and knowledge the required functions in managing & administering building construction codes & standards for both Domestic and Commercial Class Projects that are considerable in size and scope.
Building & Construction
Building Design & Architecture
Real Estate & Property
Trades & Services
Quality Assurance & Control Manager
Quality Assurance & Control Officer
Project Quality & Compliance Advisor / Officer / Coordinator
However; Students will be interviewed prior to commencement of course program. This interview will be used to determine suitability for undertaking the course including assessment of the experience which the student has in the Building and Construction Industry.
A Skills assessment for Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
Students are required to be competent in written and spoken English and will undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test prior to enrolment being accepted by CAS-BCM. Students will be required to achieve a satisfactory result in a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment that will be conducted during the application process.
• Be over the age of 18
• Have Intermediate Language Proficiency in English
• Have Intermediate Proficiency in English
• Have Intermediate Numeracy Skills
• Have access to a computer hardware with internet access
• Be able to operate computer programs as email, word processor and spread sheet applications at a basic level
Areas of Competency
CAS-BCM’s Building Construction Codes & Standards Program helps develop and establish competencies in:
• Building Codes & Standards
• Classification of Buildings
• Analyse & Apply Building Solutions for NCC Compliance
• Fire Protection Requirements
• Compliance with National Construction Code
The following unit of competencies are covered as part of the CAS-BCM’s Building Construction Codes & Standards Program:
The program will be delivered as a blended learning program with the option to undertake the program as a Morning, Afternoon or Evening Program.
How it will be delivered (mode; face to face, online, on-the-job)
Learner Management System (LMS) including email, resources, research, eLearning, webinars and online consultation
The assessment is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace tasks, projects, knowledge tests, response to case studies and feedback from supervisors.
The assessment methods used during this course are: